1.24.2011

issey miyake a/w 2011 paris fashion week

this was the first time i've ever been at a fashion show so i was still in a state of shock until around halfway through the whole show (which by the way, lasts about only 10 minutes). i was in a pretty bad spot for photos so please don't mind the quality. the theme of this collection was ''the pen'', so instead of music, they had the models walk to a monologue story of a guy in paris who falls in love, and the journal that he writes in. it ended with all the models scribbling words on the wall behind the runway. i loved the early 1900s feel to the clothes, the purple tones spread throughout and the homage paid to literary paris. / c'était ma première fois à un défilé donc j'étais toujours un peu sous le choc jusqu'à presque la moitié du show (qui dure pas plus de 10 minutes). j'étais assez mal placée pour prendre des photos, désolée pour la qualité. le thème de cette collection était ''the pen'', donc au lieu de musique, les mannequins ont marché au son d'un monologue, une histoire d'un garçon amoureux à paris et du journal qu'il écrit. le défilé s'est terminé par des mannequins  écrivant sur un mur au fond du runway. j'ai adoré le look très 1900s de cette collection, l'usage subtil de couleurs violet et l'hommage à l'histoire littéraire de paris. 


Issey Miyake A/W Paris Men's Fashion Week 2011

Love, M

16 comments:

  1. Lucky! I've never been to a fashion show yet. Gorgeous pics btw! I like the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post. thanks a lot for sharing. some amazing pieces here.
    hope you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. I love watching the men on the catwalk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to see a live fashion show as well. You're so lucky!!!! It sounds like it was really interesting. I like the theme.

    http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I love it, especially the chunky knitted cardi!

    Have a lovely week ahead!

    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  6. vivian: they're fun and shorter than i had imagined :) thanks for the comment!

    ediot: thank you for your sweet comments always :)

    fashion queen: me too!

    bonnie: i hope you get to see one soon :)

    janet: thank you, you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful blog ^^
    And yes sure!
    I would love to follow each other =)
    I follow you in 2 min haha Do you follow me back then ^^

    Lots of love, Lisette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god that looks amaaaazing! went there and took pics?! so coolllll!! I'm going to Paris during RTW Fashion Week in March, want to snap streetstyle photos, perhaps i'll see u there :))

    I follow u babe!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks. The first picture is made in France and the second picture is made in Italy ;). It's ok to follow each other. I'll follow you with bloglovin ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you :) yes i'm so exited to go there! but lucky you, you live in paris! what a blast! thats my next destination after milano, so can i tell me some insider tips :)?

    sure, i follow you back :) great blog!


    xx
    http://slfgoeshigh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. lisette: thank you :) sure will follow you back

    fashion writress: perhaps indeed! the haute couture ones are going on now too :) followed you back xo

    denise: thanks :) i've followed you on bloglovin' too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. slf: thank you! it's great in paris though the weather is really random lol. you must visit the winding streets of montmartre and the marais area! it's lovely and there's many vintage shops too :) have fun! followed you back xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you very much =)
    i'm following you now!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are fabulous! What a fun and exciting experience...

    ReplyDelete
  15. well for bad seats i think you scored some awesome shots

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your photos are great! I want to take a shots in fashion shows like victoria's secret fashion show and I promise If I got some I will make it posters. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!! I'll be sure to return the favor :)