7.24.2011

savage beauty: mcqueen at the met

i would love to spend one day in new york, if only to see the stunning Savage Beauty exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art showcasing a selection of Alexander McQueen's most creative and celebrated creations. from his postgraduate debut to his final collection before his passing last year, his designs have breathed new life into fashion. bold, romantic and always feminine, he was truly a pioneer in pushing the boundaries of fashion and creative expression. for those of you who haven't seen it yet and are in the area, the exhibition runs until the 7th of august and you can find out more about it here. for those of you who have seen it, let me know what you thought of it! / j'adorerais passer une journée à new york, rien que pour voir la superbe exposition Savage Beauty au Metropolitan Museum of Art montrant une sélection des créations les plus reconnues de Alexander McQueen. de ses débuts à la sortie de ses études à sa dernière collection avant de disparaître l'an passé, ses designs ont insufflés la mode d'une nouvelle vie. osé, romantique, et toujours féminin, il était réellement un pionnier poussant les frontières de la mode et de l'expression créative. pour ceux qui sont dans les environs n'ayant pas vu l'expo, elle se déroule jusqu'au 7 août et vous pouvez trouver plus d'info ici, et pour ceux qui l'ont vu, dites-moi ce que vous en avez pensé!

^ amazing level of detail
^ a true masterpiece
^ woodland magic
^ garden perfection
^ i love the regal touch here
^ lastly, the breathtaking and iconic oyster dress

{ via the met }

Love, M

11 comments:

  1. LUV EM ALL but 1 2 6 8 are my favs!!!!
    Chari T (deep fried stilettos)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so stunning! I would also love to go see this exhibit...I've never been to the MET though :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to see this and it was absolutely amazing - I was so taken aback by the artistry of it all.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was floored when I visited this exhibit. He takes your breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to see this exhibition, I think it would be a very emotional experience!

    Rianna xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos. Love it. Oh,if I could see the exhibition. I think this is not fashion this is ART.

    BTW: today arrived the package. Thank you for sweet letter.

    Have a nice day,dear!
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I'm so sad that I'll be missing this exhibit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think that if I went to this exibition I'd die, or scream very low so I do not disturb this amazing creations! :)

    Great post.
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!! I'll be sure to return the favor :)